Thursday 31 May 2007

a touch too much

Random post here. Yesterday I bought tickets for my graduation ball and it just so happened that the headline act was announced that day too. And it is..



Sophie Ellis-Bextor!

Mmmhh I thought, I wasn't really sure what to think of this one. I was certainly somewhat disappointed after hearing rumours that it might be 'The GO! Team' playing. It also sparked the creation of a facebook group called 'who the hell is Sophie Ellis-Bextor?' which may rather aptly sum-up how many felt about it.

Now I don't think she's awful - she has released some low-brow cheesy pop (Murder on the Dancefloor), but she did also release that song 'if this ain't love' with Groovejet, which is a bit of an Ibiza classic. And she is just plain hot. Also I heard her new single and it's a bit indie, which is a promising turn of direction at least. I thought I'd search for MP3s off her new album to see what was install for us and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with what I found.

'Love is Here' is an up-tempo ballad reminiscent of the glory days of Elton John. The lyrics are cheesy as hell (relentlessly optimistic) but then again this is the perfect thing for a graduation ball. I can see this getting people dancing, as if in some scene from the ending credits of a teen Rom-Com (you know, when everyone's at the high-school prom and even the really geeky unpopular kids are getting into it and just having fun).

Finally I'd like to welcome Natalie and Alice as new readers of the blog (and guys, I've posted some songs that I feel are relevant to 'today's incident', the details of which shall remain unpublicised!)


MP3: Junior Kickstart - The GO! Team
[info]
MP3: Love is here - Sophie Ellis-Bextor [info]
MP3: Touch too much - AC/DC
MP3: In Too Deep - Sum 41 [info]
MP3: Gettin Enough - Lil' Chris [info]
(Sorry the temptation was just too great to avoid posting this one!)

No comments: